DO NOT POST COMMENTS UNTIL YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO DO SO

AS OF 2/26 STUDENTS ARE NOW GIVEN PERMISSION TO POST THEIR COMMENTS.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUOTES FOR IRP

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner.

Choose an appropriate title for your quote post, i.e. Becky's quote about winter, John's quote about happiness

"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
List the author of your quote underneath.
Leave a space.
Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
Key in some background information on your author or something interesting you discovered about your author during the research of your quote that would be of interest to your peers.
Key in why you chose this quote, and/or why it has meaning to your life, etc.

Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.
When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two). Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared. Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.

Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.


Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A mother's love


"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." ~ Honore de Balzac

Honore de Balzac was a 19th Century French novelist and playwright. He has been regarded as one of the founders of realism in European literature. His writings influenced many famous writers that include Charles Dickens, Henry James, and Jack Kerouac. He lived a tragic life and in 1850 he married his illicit lover and died five months later.

I find this quote to be so true. A person can never do something that their mother would not forgive them for. I know that I have done wrong in my life but no matter what I do I know that my mom always loves me and will forgive me. I want to instill this in Anna. I also hope to have the same relationship my mom and I have with my daughter when she grows up.

8 comments:

jackie said...

I love and agree with this quote 100% A mother's love is something that people can't explain unless they are themselves a mother. I will alwalys love my child uncondtionally no matter the circumstance.

Becky said...

When I read this quote it really caught my attention. My brother and I have put my mother through alot of grief and hearache and she forgave us and still loves us. I like this quote and I do have to agree strongly with it.

Becky Sparks said...

This quote caught my eye because this is very true. Mothers will forgive and love us no matter what we have said or done. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Heather said...

I love this quote because I am sbout to become a mother my self. I think that if you want to be a good mother, you must be able to forgive and forget, with lots of love all the way.

lilbtcrazy said...

So true, being a mother, I completely agree with this wonderful quote! No matter how frustrating being a mother can be, when I look at her sweet little face at night while she's in dreamland, I know I love her with all of my heart.

Dustynn said...

I really love this quote. I can see that you are a proud mama and you have a beautiful child. I want to be a good mom like your!

Kathryn Quinn said...

This is all i have left in the world is my children and I. Almost 5 years ago now the kids lost their father. We have learned to deal with it. I have to love them for both now.

Kristen Hayhurst said...

I like this quote because I find it true because no matter what i do my mom will always forgive me, I hope that one day i can say this for me and my son or daughter!