DO NOT POST COMMENTS UNTIL YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO DO SO

AS OF 2/26 STUDENTS ARE NOW GIVEN PERMISSION TO POST THEIR COMMENTS.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUOTES FOR IRP

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner.

Choose an appropriate title for your quote post, i.e. Becky's quote about winter, John's quote about happiness

"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
List the author of your quote underneath.
Leave a space.
Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
Key in some background information on your author or something interesting you discovered about your author during the research of your quote that would be of interest to your peers.
Key in why you chose this quote, and/or why it has meaning to your life, etc.

Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.
When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two). Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared. Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.

Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.


Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Life Experience


"A mystery lies at the heart of our daily experience."
Author - Edmund Blair Bolles
He describes his experience with the life of programing a computer to do what he tells it to do. He makes the computer think that it is a child. This quote reminds me that it could be something that you've experienced in life. Which could mean bad, good, or it could mean a miracle or a tragedy that you have lived through or experienced. Like back in 2003, I lived through a tragedy. I have to pray to God everyday just to be able to go on with my daily chores. What I experienced I wouldn't wish on anyone in the world.
You go on in life thinking everything is fine, but really its not. The heart is always right. When your heart is talking to you listen to it. One day it could save your life. The loss of my three children is an unspeakable tragedy that I have had to live through. There are days that I feel like I can not go on, "but then I look up at the sky and say," God please be with me in my time of need. The heart is the most unique thing in your body. Think the next time you make fun of someone because it may end up happening to you. So if you think the world evolves around you it doesn't. It does evolves around everyone. It is no fun living everyday with the tragedy of losing your children. I pray to God everyday to help me get through my day. Without pray I don't think I could go on with life. But thanks to the Lord I'm able to go on with my life.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so true, everyday is a mystery. Sometimes I wonder why I am still living. I came out of an abusive marriage and often I used to wonder why God protected me. Now I know why. I have been able to make a difference in other peoples lives. I chose to think of myself as a survivor not a victim. If my story can help one person then it was worth living.

$~*VaniLLAnGE1*~$ said...

Rose,
I, as a parent cannot even fathom what you have endured with the loss of your children. You are an inspiration to others. God bless you Rose. You have three precious angels watching over you.

Ariston said...

I can't imagine the strength God has given you to go forward w/ your life, it is super!!! It is very unfortunate that you had to go through such a horrendous experience. I admire your strong will to survive. God bless you!!

Miranda said...

Rose this is the most horrific thing I as a mother could imagine. You surely are the strongest person to go on everyday. Knowing that you loved each one with all of your heart is it amazing the way you can go on. You have eternal angels looking over you.

Coty said...

Rose I have lost a brother just last year and I know how it feels to lose someone close to you. I can honestly say if GOD was not here to help me back up on my feet I would still be fighting the first step. I admit you are a strong person and keep it that way. If need help GOD is always there to guide you through everything. Just have faith!

Kita said...

Rose, Im not parent but When you told me about what happen I almost cried Because no mother wants to loose their children before them. And I give you a lot of credit for talkins about it. Because if that would of happen to me, I don't think I would even be able to say their names without crying.