DO NOT POST COMMENTS UNTIL YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO DO SO

AS OF 2/26 STUDENTS ARE NOW GIVEN PERMISSION TO POST THEIR COMMENTS.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUOTES FOR IRP

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner.

Choose an appropriate title for your quote post, i.e. Becky's quote about winter, John's quote about happiness

"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
List the author of your quote underneath.
Leave a space.
Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
Key in some background information on your author or something interesting you discovered about your author during the research of your quote that would be of interest to your peers.
Key in why you chose this quote, and/or why it has meaning to your life, etc.

Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.
When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two). Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared. Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.

Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.


Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm Pretty but......


"I’m pretty, but I’m not beautiful. I sin but I’m not the devil. I’m good but I’m not an angel."

-Marilyn Monroe


Marilyn Monroe was born as Norma Jean Mortensen on June 1 1926 in Los Angeles. She was discovered in a Malt Shop. She had brown hair, not the blonde that everyone knows her as. In Hollywood, she was know as one of the most famous blonde sex symbol of her time. She apparently died of a drug overdose at the young age of 36, but it has yet to be a proven fact.


I chose this quote because I think it fits me perfect. I like this quote because not everyone is perfect and Marilyn Monroe knew that.

1 comment:

shana said...

I really like this quote, because I feel that way, Im average but like Im not the best, there is always something greater in the world than what one person can offer, but just because you may not be all those things demanded of you doesnt mean that you are not worth something. Even if people dont think that who you are is what you should be.